This office serves two distinct populations. The first is the Miami Tribe community where it develops educational models and materials that specifically address language and culture educational needs. The second population is the general university community and local public educators where educational support is provided in response to the lack of indigenous educational materials for K-12 public education.
- Curriculum development for Eewansaapita program (tribal).
- Curriculum development with Ohio Historical Connection (public).
- Develop teaching models based on indigenous concepts (tribal).
- Teach the Miami Heritage classes and provide support for the developing Miami Tribe class to be offered through the Center for American and World Cultures (tribal & university).
- Continue regular class visitations sharing information about the Miami Tribe and ongoing research (university).
- Certificate program for tribal educators.
- Long-distance learning development.
George Ironstrack is the Director of Education and Outreach Office.